Alside’s exclusive ClimaTech Plus high-performance insulated glass package adds an additional level of high performance and energy-efficiency to our exclusive ClimaTech packages. ClimaTech Plus features the same Solarban 60 Low-E Glass and argon gas fill between the panes, but adds the technology of the SST Warm Edge Spacer System for even greater gains in thermal comfort and energy savings.
Alside’s exclusive SST Spacer System utilizes a patented structural foam design that traps escaping heat far more efficiently than any other spacer. The result is an unparalleled level of insulation at the window seal and a far greater defense against condensation common in otherwise well-insulated, weathertight homes.
Solarban 60 Low-E glass (low emmisivity) helps reduce energy costs in two ways. In summer, Solarban 60 helps block out long-wave radiation (direct sunlight) from the sun, keeping your home cooler. In winter, Solarban 60 helps retain furnace heat while allowing warming, short-wave solar rays to enter the home, putting less strain on your furnace to maintain a comfortable warmth.
Argon gas is a colorless, odorless, nonflammable, nontoxic, inert gas that is sealed between the two panes of glass. Heavier than air and completely safe to humans and animals, the argon gas provides an additional layer of insulation, increasing energy-efficiency and also acting as a sound barrier to help deaden outside noise.
* True warm edge for greater insulation at the glass edge
* Patented double seal system, reduced chance of seal failure
* 54% more thermally efficient at the edge than windows made with conventional box aluminum spacers
* 950 times less conductive than traditional aluminum spacers
* Dramatically reduces window condensation at the edges
* Helps increase thermal comfort in summer and winter while reducing energy costs